Jan 2009 Update
After a successful first year where 12 deliverables and 10 milestone reports were delivered from the EFIPSANS project, EFIPSANS moves into its second year which includes:
- The first meeting of the AFI. The AFI is the "Autonomic network engineering for the self-managing Future Internet". This group is an ISG (Industry Specification Group) inside ETSI to suggest European standard in the are of Autonomics. The first meeting is scheduled for Feb 26th.
- Plans to attempt to investigate possible Internet Drafts in 3 areas In-line Congestion Reporting, IPv6 Extension Dependencies and ICMPv6 extensions (including Hop-By-Hop extension restrictions)
- Project Review is scheduled for March 12th
Our publications in the first year were:
- "Creating a viable Evolution Path towards Self-Managing Future Internet via a Standardizable Reference Model for Autonomic Network Engineering"
Chaparadza et al (including Alan Davy and Kevin Quinn)
To be published in FIA PRAGUE 2009 (accepted)
- "An approach to Measurement Based Quality of Service Control for Communications Networks"
Alan Davy, Brendan Jennings, Dmitri Botvich
To be published in IM 2009 Dissertation Digest (accepted)
- "Monitoring within an Autonomic Network: A GANA based Network Monitoring Framework"
Anastasios Zafeiropolus, Athanassios Liakopolus, Alan Davy, Ranganai Chaparadza
Submitted to IEEE JSAC 2009
- "Towards a Testbed Instantiation of GANA: Realising Autonomic Site-Multihoming"
Alan Davy, John Ronan, Lei Shi, Ranganai Chaparadza
Submitted to ICAC 2009